spinning in the morning

It’s no secret that on your hen/stag weekend you are going to want to have a drink, but sometimes it gets a little messier than you expected, the night gets out of hand and you drink your weight in those sweet cocktails and wake up spinning in the morning.

It has happened to the best of us, this is your word of warning, don’t do it, don’t have another because they taste good, prevention is better than cure. A day nursing yourself back to health is a day wasted. But if you don’t plan to take our advice and prevent it, we have your cures ready and waiting.

Water – The most important; you are going need to rehydrate after all of that alcohol consumption on your hen/stag weekend out. Alcohol is a diuretic and can cause dehydration, you will most probably throw up all of the liquid that was going to hydrate your throughout the night too. So as soon as you wake up, down as much water as your stomach can take, you will need it to ease the head pains.

Coconut water and/or sports drinks – Most headaches, secondary to alcohol consumption are caused by both dehydration and an imbalance of electrolytes. Coconut water and sports drinks are rich in electrolytes and therefore, after water, you should start drinking some Lucozade, or a carton of coconut water. Although it has an acquired taste, we promise, it works wonders.

Coffee is so desirable when you are hungover, we all want some home comforts, and this is surprisingly healthy for a hangover. I am sure you’ll be feeling really sluggish after your hen/stag night and so a cup of Joe to wake you up is perfect. Although, if you are not a coffee drinker, we suggest you leave this one out, it can cause headaches and so we only recommend it to those who drink coffee on a daily basis.

Toast & Crackers – Boring but it’s a cure never the less. This is a great idea for hens/stags who have spent the night hugging the porcelain throne. While no food can halt the washing machine in your stomach, bring your blood sugars up.

Parcetamol – Pain medication can dim the effects of your grogginess and get rid of your headache in no time. Once you have got the headache to a manageable state, you have nursed your blood sugar and get your tummy is feeling like less of a washing machine spinning shoes you can begin thinking about the final step.

And we have saved the best until last.

Greasy Food! Yes, trip to silver spoons is on the cards. What you eat after drinking really doesn’t matter, but it will definitely improve your mood—it’s what you eat before all those Jagerbombs that can help lessen the pain the next day. Food helps slow the absorption of alcohol. So eat before you drink! Our golden tip, prevention is better than cure.

As for waking up with a Tiger, we can’t help you with that one. Hope you liked the tips!